This Pasta Primavera is just delicious! Our favorite creamy pasta dish that is packed with yummy veggies.
I’ve always wanted to have a dish that’s mine. A dish so yummy that I might get invited to pot lucks just so I’ll bring my special dish. haha. This Pasta Primavera Recipe belongs to our aunt Cindy and it’s always a treat when we are lucky enough to have her make it for us. Especially if it’s served along side her amazing homemade pizza!
Creamy Pasta Primavera
- 1 Large Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 lb. Thin Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 oz. Cauliflower, broken into small pieces
- 1 Medium Zucchini, cut into small rounds
- 1 Small Carrot, cut into small slices and quartered
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil or 2 tsp Dry Basil
- 1 Cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 oz. Ham, chopped
- 5 Green Onions, chopped
- 1lb Fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add butter, onion and garlic. Saute until tender (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, zucchini and carrot. Cook until tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add cream, broth and basil and allow mixture to boil until liquid is slightly reduced (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in peas, ham and green onion and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add pasta and cheese, tossing until thoroughly combined and pasta is heated through. Serve and enjoy!
This easy pasta primavera recipe is pretty fool proof. If I can make it, anyone can. 🙂 Although I will always think it tastes the best when my Aunt Cindy makes it.
Here are a few more delicious pasta recipes you should try: