Today we are happy to be sharing a favorite tried and true recipe that we love to make. This baked ziti is a great weeknight meal that is easy to prepare and the kids always look forward to it. Combine it with some bread and a caesar salad and you have the perfect dinner.
- 1 Pound Ziti (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 2 (24 ounce) Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
- 6 Ounces Provolone Cheese, sliced
- 1½ Cups Sour Cream
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed on the package, drain.
- In a large skillet, cook onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish layer the following: ½ of the pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, ½ sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I’m really trying to be better at getting a homemade meal on the table at a decent time. This pasta dish is easy enough for even the nights when everyone has to be at a sporting event on opposite sides of town. (which happens a lot around here) It goes together quick and only has to bake for about 30 minutes. Hope your family enjoys it as much as ours do and if you happen to have any left over it’s great the next day too!
Try this Homemade Artisan Bread from It’s Always Autumn to go along with your baked ziti!
Here are a few more great dinner recipes you can find on Eighteen25: