There are certain things in this life that are irresistible. Chocolate, a freshly made bed with washed sheets, snuggling an adorable baby and chips with salsa! I rarely buy salsa in a jar anymore, because I know that I can just make it better at home! One of my favorites is this recipe on my site, My Name Is Snickerdoodle. Today I am sharing this amazing Pineapple Tomatillo Salsa, you are going to love it.
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 1 Large Pineapple
- ¼ Medium Yellow Onion
- ½ or Whole Jalapeno Pepper
- ½ Bunch Cilantro , Stems Removed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Turn your oven onto broil and move your rack to the top rung.
- Remove husks from tomatillos and place tomatillos, jalapeno and onions onto a baking sheet and broil for about 15-20 minutes or until somewhat charred and roasted.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove rind from the pineapple and cut into medium chunks.
- Cut the stem off the jalapeno and place it along with the tomatillos, onion, pineapple and cilantro into a food processor.
- Pulse until blended and add in salt and sugar. Blend till combined.
- Chill for two hours before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
and check out these other amazing recipes of hers…
Here are a few more posts you can find on Eighteen25 from Amy: