Hey Eighteen25 friends! I’m Amy over at My Name Is Snickerdoodle and I have admired the incredible talent of these sisters from the beginning. That’s why I’m extremely thrilled to be sharing some of my fabulous recipes here now!
For about a year now, I’ve been obsessed with making fruit crisps. They are just as comforting in the fall as they are in the summer. The fruits change, of course, and maybe that’s why I love them. Or maybe it’s because of the sweet crunchy topping. It doesn’t hurt they are usually served with ice cream or whipped cream, too!
For this crisp I paired up two classic summer fruits that I think go perfectly together! Peaches and blueberries. Feel free to leave the blueberries out for a pure peach crisp, but I promise you will love them together. It’s also best to use fresh peaches and blueberries. I have a great tutorial over HERE for how to peel peaches perfectly!
I have found it’s best after it’s cooled for a bit once you’ve take it out of the oven. The flavors totally meld together and you are left with perfect crisp. This recipe is easily doubled and can be put into a 9×13 pan.
- For Fruit:
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2½ TBSP cornstarch
- For Topping:
- 6 TBSP butter, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together peaches, blueberries, sugar and cornstarch.
- Pour fruit into a 7x 10 or 8x8 baking dish.
- In the same bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon.
- Add in melted butter and mix with a fork. Mixture will not be completely wet, but more sandy.
- Take a handful of topping and press together with your hand. It should clump up.
- Sprinkle mixture over the fruit. Leave some larger clumps so it stays crispier while baking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until topping is lightly golden brown and fruit is bubbling.
- Cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
We are extremely excited to have Amy sharing her amazing recipes and photography here at Eighteen25 for the rest of the year. She’s got a true talent and we are so lucky to have her!
and check out these other fun summertime treats of hers…