Hello Eighteen25 Friends!!! So I am super stoked to be sharing this next recipe with you guys!!! Valentines Day is only a few days away, and if you are a huge fan of Nutella and Chocolate like I am, this Recipe will be the perfect Valentines Dessert. All I can say about it is, HOLY YUM!!! Please Enjoy…
Chocolate Cups with Nutella Mousse
Author: Alanna Story
Recipe type: Dessert
- - Mousse
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup nutella (or other chocolate hazelnut spread)
- - Chocolate Cups
- 7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate (55-70% cocoa)
- - Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries
- - Powder Sugar
- Prepare the chocolate cups. For tempering the chocolate divide the chocolate into 2 parts, 5.5 oz (160g) and 1.5 oz (40 g). Place the 5.5 oz (160g) chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over simmering water. Heat the chocolate until a thermometer reads 105 -115 degrees F (40-46C), then take the bowl out of the heat. Add the 1.5 oz (40 g) chocolate into the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Fill each Silicone cupcake holder a little less than half full with chocolate and rotate to coat all sides of the cup with quite a thick layer of chocolate. Pour the excess chocolate back into the bowl. Scrape the top edges and place them upside down on a parchment paper until you prepare the rest of cups. If necessary melt the remaining chocolate again over simmering water if too hard.
- Scrape the top edges again if necessary and refrigerate the cups for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Cups can be prepared a few days in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to be filled.
- Preparing the Nutella Mousse. Place Nutella in a Microwave safe bowl and heat for 20 seconds set aside. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the cream into the Nutella mixture until incorporated.
- Fold the Nutella mixture into the remaining whipped cream.
- Assemble the cups. Fill the chocolate cups with the Nutella Mousse. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Before serving top each cup with fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Visit Alanna on Instagram. Here’s a little taste of what you’ll find…