Having little kids at home I love quick and easy treats that truly surprise and excite them. These Skewered Eyeballs are just the trick! They are just the right amount of gross, but still taste great. Last year I made my very own Googly Candy Eyes and I try to find every excuse to use them. Once you find out how simple and inexpensive they are to make, you won’t ever buy them again!
I had these on a platter, but how fun would it be if you put them into a vase or stuck them into a pumpkin?! How ever you serve them, you cannot serve them without the “blood” sauce a.k.a. strawberry sauce. Dipping them into this sauce just brings them to a whole new level of yummy edible goriness!
Don’t they just look so cool? You could also just have a plate of single eyeballs. The best part is they are possibly the most simple thing to put together! You’ll completely wow your family and friends.
Author: Amy || My Name Is Snickerdoodle
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 dozen Powdered Sugar Donut Holes
- 24 Googly Candy Eyes
- 1 TBSP Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Sliced Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 TBSP Granulated Sugar
- 12 Bamboo Skewers
- Place two donut holes onto the end of the skewer.
- Pour corn syrup onto a small shallow dish.
- Dip the bottom of the candy eye into the corn syrup and place it onto the center of each donut hole
- To make the sauce, place strawberries and granulated sugar into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
Here’s my tutorial for those Googly Candy Eyes I can’t get enough of!
Follow me on Instagram to see what else I’ll be doing with them this season.