When the three of us went to CHA earlier this year,
we were pretty excited to see the new products Silhouette was coming out with.
The chipboard was one of them.
I love that it’s more durable than regular paper and cardstock.
And the Silhouette still cuts through it nicely.
Project ideas have been swimming around in my head.
After coming across the CD Holder Card shape, I decided to make a little keepsake booklet for each of the kids to store Instagram photos from this school year.
• patterned paper (papers used here are from echo park)
• instagram photos
• white cardstock
• Open the CD Holder Card shape and type out your text, making sure it will fit inside the left square.
*I used the font bp script and welded each word together (right click – weld)
• Select Chipboard under cut settings and cut.
• Fold shape at perforations and glue inside flap down.
• Cut a 4 1/2″ square out of your patterned paper, adhere to the front of card.
• Attach your words to a 1 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ strip of white cardstock and glue down.
• Fill the inside pocket with favorite instagram photos throughout the school year. (I printed mine out on 4×6’s, leaving a white border around them – but you can have them printed from your phone using this awesome tutorial from My Sister’s Suitcase)
These could be fun for your kids to collect each year. And would make great little gifts for the older kids to give to their friends too. Just wrap them up with twine or ribbon and they’re ready to go.
Check back in a little bit to see the new promotion Silhouette is running and to enter to win a Silhouette Portrait™!!
this post is sponsored by:
Randi~Dukes and Duchesses says
What a cute idea! I love those little folders.
cutest idea ever!!!!!!
Debbie Drennan says
Hi! I found your blog through Pinterest and love it! I'm trying to make the treat jar toppers you showed in this post:
and can't seem to get the teacher labels to open for me. It's driving me crazy!!! Is there anyway you could send me the labels through email? I would REALLY appreciate it!
Dayna LaPlante says
Where are you getting your instagram photos printed?
Hi Dayna… I print them at Costco.