Delicious Cinnamon Scones
Recipe type: Dessert
- Scone Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup buttermilk (or ⅓ cup milk mixed with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice)
- ¼ cup Cinnamon Chips - optional
- Crumb Topping (can be adjusted to your liking):
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Glaze Ingredients (can be adjusted to your liking):
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 teaspoons milk (enough to make a glaze)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Separate the egg white and yolk. Set the egg white aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg yolk, honey and buttermilk (or milk/lemon juice mixture). Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Form dough into a ball on a floured surface. Roll or pat out to half an inch in thickness and eight inches in diameter. Cut into eight equally-sized pieces.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Whisk the egg white until froth forms and brush over the tops of scones. Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over egg-white-topped scones.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until glaze forms. Drizzle over scones after they bake.
With LOVE from Bowties_Teatime Girl
Visit Alanna on Instagram. Here’s a little taste of what you’ll find…