Today we are sharing one of our all-time favorite treats with you…. a chocolate chip cheese ball. Are you a fan of cheese balls? Well, we most definitely are. I mean, if it includes cream cheese I am usually it’s number one fan! How about you? 🙂 This cheese ball is not like most you’ve probably had. It’s sweet and delicious and I think you’re going to love it.
This chocolate chip cheese ball is simple to put together. It does take a little time because it has to chill, but the actual prep time is super quick.
- 1 (8 ounce) package of regular cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- graham cracker sticks, cookies, apples for dipping
- Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Then stir in half (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips and all of the nuts. Cover and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Then shape the cream cheese mixture into a ball shape and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for another hour.
- Roll the chilled cheese ball in the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips and serve with your graham crackers and cookies.
Dig right in. It’s like a yummy cheesecake shaped into a ball. We serve ours with some graham cracker sticks and a few different types of cookies. I think it would also be delicious with apples! In all honesty… all I really need is a spoon, but that may not be the best idea if you’re serving it for a get-together. 🙂
Here are a few more delicious chocolate chip recipes you can find on Eighteen25: