Popsicle Stick Frames

We got together to let the kids make some jewelry/treasure boxes out of popsicle sticks the other day. But before we could even get to the boxes our plans took a right turn and we ended up somewhere even better. :)

Popsicle Sticks + Washi Tape = True Love
supplies:
• regular or jumbo size popsicle sticks
• washi tape
• glue
• magnets
steps:
• roll out a strip of washi tape – sticky side up
• lay your popsicle stick on top and wrap the washi tape around the edges
• wrap as many sticks as you want depending on how big you want your frame
• take 2 plain sticks and put a line of glue down them
• lay your decorated sticks across them in the opposite direction
• glue a magnet on the top center of the back of your frame
• once dry, decorate! – we used wallet sized pictures we printed at Costco
• you can glue, tape or use a push pin to attach your pictures
• use tacky glue to attach some wood chips

here’s an even simpler version:
• decorate 4 sticks and glue them in a square fitting the picture you have
• glue or tape your picture to the back
• glue a magnet to the back

Hope you enjoy making them as much as we did!

Jodie and Jen
I'm Jen Sedillo, one of the bloggers behind Eighteen25. I love creating and crafting, reading good books, visiting new places and being with family!
Jodie and Jen
Jodie and Jen

Latest posts by Jodie and Jen (see all)

Comments

1. says

Hello !
    Thank you for all this ideas. A lot of color , poetry in your blog.
    I love the tape (wood and heart) you use for the frame. Can you give me the reference. I swear find it. Thank you ang good luck.
    Sandrine (from France)

2. says

These are great. I love the series you guys are doing and love the frames. A great twist on the traditional camp craft. My daughter is going to love digging into mommy's washi tape to do this craft together!
    Thanks!

3. Anonymous says

Hi, what width size of washi tape did you use? do you know if there are washi tapes that are 3/4" wide – for jumbo popsicles that are 3/4" wide? Thanks!

• says

There are a few different sizes that we used, but for the jumbo sticks, we did use tapes that were 3/4" wide. In the second image from the bottom, you can see the ones on the right are the larger size. Some of them were from freckledfawn.com

4. says

I love these so much! I'm having a "going washi tape crazy" kind of phase right now! I hope you don't mind, but I put this idea (link only) in a washi tape round up on my blog. You can check it out here: Lots of cute and easy washi tape crafts and ideas

5. Serena says

These are adorable…do you remember where you found the wood grain washi tape? I looked on freckeled fawn but it wasn't there.

• says

We did get that one from Freckled Fawn… looks like they are all out of it. Sorry. One more place you can check, maybe even for a similar tape, is cutetape.com. They have a large selection.

6. Anonymous says

Do you do something special with the edges? I made one and now the tape is starting to peel off on the top/bottom of the sticks.

• says

no.. just kind of wrapped it around the edges a bit. Then made sure to really make sure it was adhered. Some washi tapes are definitely better than other though. :/

7. Sandy Rahlfs says

I don’t use photos for this. I make a printer paper copy. That way you are not using regular photos. This is a craft that I have been doing for awhile, but I have been painting the craft sticks.

Definitely wanting to try this with washi tape!