Hey there Eighteen25 friends!
My name is Kristyn Merkley of Lil’ Luna, and I cannot tell you how excited I am to be here today. I LOVE their Spooktacular September and look forward to it each year. I’ve changed things up for this series each year and either make a treat or a craft, and this year I decided to make another goodie for you to enjoy. While my daughter and I were putting together some other Oreo treats, we had the idea to make some Pumpkin Oreos. We knew that the cookies were already popular on their own but dipping them in candy melts and adding cute faces would make them even more irresistible! We were so happy with how they turned out and loved making different faces for each pumpkin head. They could be silly, spooky or even a bit scary depending on how you make them.
Today we’re going to show you just how simple and fun they are to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- OREOS (We used Pumpkin Spice Oreos but any variety will do)
- Orange Candy Melts
- Green Steam Sprinkles or Mini M&Ms
- Candy Eyeballs
- Black Frosting Writer (comes in tub so it’s easy to pipe on)
- White Jimmy Sprinkles
- Melt your orange candy melts according to packaging. Dip each Oreos in melts until all covered.
2. Set out on parchment or wax paper and add candy eyeballs and green stem. Let set.
3. Pipe on black frosting for mouths and add white jimmy sprinkles as teeth. Let set and ENJOY!
These were seriously so much fun to make.
For more great Fall and Halloween treats, be sure to check these out:
And to see a few projects from past Spooktacular Septembers, check out:
For more great projects, crafts and recipes, head on over to Lil’ Luna.
Here are a few more spooktacular Halloween ideas you can find on Eighteen25: