Minky material (polka dot plush) — I found it at Hobby Lobby. You can make about 4 pumpkins with 1/2 yard of material, depending on how big you make the pumpkins.
Needle and Thread
Craft Store Wire
A tree branch cut up (for the stems)
Coordinating Material for the leaves (you can use scrap material)
Beans (to stabilize the pumpkins)
Here’s how to make them:
- Cut out circles for your pumpkins. Each circle will be about 1/4 of the size when it’s all finished.
- Use a needle and thread to sew the circle shut.
- Sew all the way around the edge of the circle. Then stuff the pumpkins with beans at the bottom and batting at the top.
- Pull the thread tight and tie it off.
- Then sew the opening shut.
- Now make the leaves. Cut leave shapes out of coordinating material. Each leaf will need two sides.
- Put the right-facing sides together for the leaves and sew. Then turn them right side out.
- Stuff the leaves with a little batting and sew the seams shut.
- Cut a length of wire 12 inches long and wrap it around a leaf 5-6 times. Then wrap the wire around the tree branch and then around a second leaf. Twist the two leafs together. Put a dab of hot glue at the back of each leaf and on the stem to secure everything.
- Put a couple dabs of hot glue in the center of the pumpkin seam and press the tree branch into the center. Press down until secure.
. . .