We had a kids craft day last week and everyone had a fun time making a lil love monster. Perfect little kids craft for Valentine’s Day or any day of the year.
they are always a hit with our kids (and us adults) it’s fun to see how each one turns out a little (or a lot) different from the others.
Love Monster Supplies:
[affiliate links included]
piece of cardboard – 2 1/2″ x 4″
How to make Yarn Monsters
– wrap your yard around the cardboard piece (long-ways) about 150-200 times
– on one side of the cardboard tie a knot around the center of yarn
– flip the cardboard over and cut through the center of the yarn. this is your main hair pom pom.
– take an upside down paper cup and hot glue your pom pom to the top
– make another pom pom by wrapping the yarn (short-ways) around the cardboard about 20-30 times
– this is your “toupee” pom pom. hot glue it on top of the other pom pom
now the fun part. decorating your love monster.
– add your googly eyes
– make some pipe cleaner antennas and hot glue to the top of the head under some yarn hair
– punch or cut out some paper hearts and hot glue to the tops of the antennas
your adorable love monsters will be looking pretty.
we had a couple little boys that were willing to take a long enough break from the video games to create with us. as you could imagine they weren’t interested in anything cutesy. we didn’t let them know that even though their monsters turned out somewhat strange, they were still absolutely adorable. haha.
the girl monsters were not sure what to think about the boy monsters at first…
but in the end, decided that they could all be friends. 🙂
hope you’ll make some lil love monsters with your lil monsters!!