The temperature is well above 100 here in Vegas, so it’s always nice to stay indoors and do a little crafting with the kids.
Today we want to share an idea that the kids can make and care for… for the rest of the summer!
Let us introduce you to…
Hairy Harry and Hairy Harriet
aren’t they so cute?
here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
• styrofoam cups
• potting soil
• seeds – we used hard red wheat sprouting seed from handypantry.com but I’m sure regular grass seed will do the trick
• googly eyes
• cardstock scraps
• glue dots or glue
• Start with your googly eyes and then add the rest of your face by cutting shapes out of the cardstock.
• Use the glue dots to attach everything.
• Fill your cup with potting soil and follow the directions for the seed that you use.
• Water and wait for the fun to begin!
• Once you have some “hair” – go ahead and style it. It won’t be long before they’ll need a haircut too!
(thank you to Mrs. York our rockstar preschool teacher many years ago for this fun idea)
This post was part of Design Dazzle’s Summer Camp Event.
this post is sponsored by:
rebecca at thisfineday says
Cute!! I've always meant to do something like this! Thanks for the reminder and the cute spin on it 🙂
Bernadett Rauski says
LOvely.:) Very cute.:)
This is so fun! I love it. What a great summer craft!
Thanks for sharing!
How long did it take for your "hair" to grow this tall?
Anonymous… it took about a week, week and a half maybe to grow that tall.