I’m Jen from Tatertots and Jello and I am so happy to be here. I adore the eighteen25 girls. Halloween is my favorite holiday and every year I wait for the Spooktacular series. There are always so many great ideas!
I love the look of concrete. I thought it would be cool to try to make some stone-looking pumpkins for Fall. And of course I had to add a little sparkle with gold and glitter.
Here’s how I made these Faux Stone pumpkins:
- Foam craft pumpkins
- grout (you can buy it in large plastic containers pre-mixed at your local craft store)
- 3-D Paint or Glue
- I cut out holes in the bottom of the pumpkins and drilled holes in the sides so I could put votives inside of them and have the light shine through at night. This is optional.
- Don’t be shy. Dip your hands right into the grout container and spread it over the pumpkin until the whole pumpkin is covered.
- Smooth the grout as much as you can to make the surface smooth.
- If you need to, you can add water to the grout in your hands to make a thinner consistency and make the surface smoother.
- Let the grout dry overnight.
- Next take the paint or glue and draw lines on the pumpkin. I drew lines going down on one pumpkin and lines across on another.
- On the third pumpkin I covered the whole pumpkin with glue and then sprinkled glitter over the top.
- Before the glue dries, sprinkle glitter over the glue. Be sure to put a paper under the pumpkins so you can gather the extra glitter up when you are done.
Stop by anytime at Tatertots and Jello and say hi!!