I’m Kim from Today’s Creative Life (formally Today’s Creative Blog), where I share recipes, crafts, diy and decorating ideas. If you’ve been to my site, then you know I love DIY Decor and I love it when it’s easy! I’m always crafting something up to fluff my nest and these DIY Spooky Halloween Candles are no different.
DIY Spooky Halloween Candles
It seems like every time I’m at the Dollar Store, I just have to buy a couple of these tall glass candles. I love them for my patio and for creating quick and easy decor for the table. They are seriously one of the easiest items to embellish for instant decorating.
This time, I created a simple Halloween Table Centerpiece.
I have since moved them to the entry table and I may try them on the mantel. I love their simple look.
Make DIY Halloween Candles
- Vellum Paper 8.5 x 11 – Find it at your local craft store.
- White Washi-tape – Scotch tape would work in a pinch.
- Tall glass candles
- Paper trimmer
- craft knife
- Gather your candles. As mentioned, I purchase mine at my local Dollar store.
- Print out your images. I first downloaded free images from The Graphics Fairy. I made one image on my own using Pic Monkey, a photo editing website. I created the blurry man with lighting bolts using images in their Halloween selections. Once all images were saved on my computer, I simply loaded my printer with the vellum paper and printed. Check the paper settings on your printer and change accordingly.
- Trim paper to fit.
- Place washi-tape across both edges on the front side.
- Adhere to your candle and wrap the paper around, then adhere the second end.
- Trim excess washi-tape with your craft knife.
I grabbed a few pumpkins from the grocery, some cob webs (not real ones) and placed it all on top of a spider web place mat and black striped wrapping paper. Wrapping paper makes the best table runners! Boom! This whole project from start to a finished centerpiece took me about 30 minutes tops.
I’m thinking I may line my sidewalk with these candles.
Who’s ready to decorate for Halloween?
For more ideas for living a creative life, come on over for a visit!
I’ve got lots of recipes!
Lots of Decorating!
Lots of Printables!
Lots of Crafting!
Follow me on Pinterest for more inspiration!Visit Kim on her BLOG | FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
Colleen Pastoor says
I love these Kim! I have never spotted the plain glass ones at our dollar stores (they always have images on the glass) but I’m definitely going to be looking harder next time because this is such an easy DIY!