As you can see, there are a lot of steps but we promise it’s worth it for how stinkin’ cute these are!
- First things first, using an X-acto knife, remove the FACE of each cardboard letter.
- Paint the outside black.
- Paint the inside purple.
- Using a white colored pencil, mark where each bulb will go, appx. 2-ish” apart.
- Drill a 29/6″ hole through each white pencil mark, (the same as your light.)
- Push each lightbulb into the hole, nice & snug!
- Because of how the strands are made, the string won’t match up exactly with the number of holes so using bakers twine (or small zip ties) simply tie the extra lights down to the strand.
- To connect the strands to the next letter, simply plug into the outlet and keep on marking, drilling, filling in until your Halloween marquee lights are finished and eerily glowing! (;