lil love monsters

we had a kids craft day last week and had a fun time making these
lil love monsters
they are always a hit with our kids (and us adults) it’s fun to see how each one turns out a little (or a lot) different from the others.
pipe cleaners
googly eyes
glue gun
50z paper cups
piece of cardboard – 2 1/2″ x 4″
scrapbook paper
scissors or heart punch
the how-to:
– wrap your yard around the cardboard piece (long-ways) about 150-200 times
– on one side of the cardboard tie a knot around the center of yarn
– flip the cardboard over and cut through the center of the yarn. this is your main hair pom pom.
– take an upside down paper cup and hot glue your pom pom to the top
– make another pom pom by wrapping the yarn (short-ways) around the cardboard about 20-30 times
– this is your “toupee” pom pom. hot glue it on top of the other pom pom
now the fun part. decorating your monster.
– add your googly eyes
– make some pipe cleaner antennas and hot glue to the top of the head under some yarn hair
– punch or cut out some paper hearts and hot glue to the tops of the antennas
 your adorable love monsters will be looking pretty.
we had a couple little boys that were willing to take a long enough break from the video games to create with us. as you could imagine they weren’t interested in anything cutesy. we didn’t let them know that even though their monsters turned out somewhat strange, they were still absolutely adorable. haha.
the girl monsters were not sure what to think about the boy monsters at first…
but in the end, decided that they could all be friends. :)

hope you’ll make some lil love monsters with your lil monsters!!

pin this…

Jodie and Jen
I'm Jen Sedillo, one of the bloggers behind Eighteen25. I love creating and crafting, reading good books, visiting new places and being with family!
Jodie and Jen
Jodie and Jen

Latest posts by Jodie and Jen (see all)

1. says

Those are A-Dorable! I was looking for a fun project to do with the kids this weekend, and I think this one's perfect. Thanks for the post. If we are able to get 'er done, I'll post pics and let you know how it went. Can't wait!

The Cheeky Daddy

2. says

These are so adorable! They remind me of my grandson's "Puffle Pets" – only with antenae. I have everything but the googly eyes. Going to run out and get some so that, when my grandchildren return home from school we can make a few!

– Jesse
    Aloe Vera Juice

3. says

Thanks for this idea. The kids were home from school today for an ice storm and this was perfect. We've already made six of them. I'm thinking there will be a lot more in our future.

Thanks for the idea!

4. says

They are wonderful. I think these are the cutest monsters I have ever seen… I have no children/grandchildren but I might just make them for myself!

5. Joni S. says

Thanks for the great idea! Made these little love monsters with my little love monsters this weekend – we had a great time and they turned out so cute!
    Love your blog – it's the first one I look at every day!

6. Anonymous says

Made these with my two nieces and they loved it. One wasn't enough, they had to have two each, and I think there is many more to come :) Didn't find the right size cups here in Norway,so we had to adjust a bit, but that was no problem. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

7. Sherry says

I loved making these with my daughters..all different and cool in there own ways..Thanksfor the greatmemorieswith my girl’s

8. Sara says

These are charming. We are planning to make them for a classroom party. How many monsters does one skein of yarn make?

9. Tracy says

Do you have picture of how it looks under them? I placed one on top of the 5 oz. Dixie cup and they seem huge! Not sure and little like yours :/
    I’ve have a picture of mine but not sure how to post it here to show off.

• says

I don’t have a picture of the bottom… I’m sorry. But they are kinda big?? There’s not really a place here to share, but you can tag us on instagram @eighteen25girls or share on our facebook page?? 😉