Today’s Project: Spirit Jugs

we came across the idea for these ghostly guys a couple years ago on family fun.
with as much milk as my kids go through, it took us no time at all to have all of the supplies handy.
Spirit Jugs
what you’ll need: [affiliate links included]
step one: draw some spooky faces on your milk jugs.

step two: let your kids color in the faces while you bake a batch of cookies.
step three: using the craft knife (mom), cut a hole in the lower backside of the jug. about the size of a half dollar (or maybe a little bigger since i couldn’t picture a half dollar).

step four: line all of your ghosts up and stuff several lights in each one.

step five: place your group of glowing spirit jugs along your walkway or front porch to welcome those cute little holiday guests.
Here’s a few more fun Halloween Ideas…
IMG_1757web
Jamie

Jamie

Jamie

Latest posts by Jamie (see all)

Comments

1. says

So cute! My kids would LOVE THIS! See…truth be told….they don't get their hands on much crafty goodness around here. Let's just say their mother is a teenie-tiny bit anal. What? I can't help it! They would DIE if I told them to do a craft from start to finish! What fun!

2. says

Fun idea! I think I might try it with orange lights inside the jugs – I just saw some orange ones at Michael's the other day! Can't wait to try it!

3. says

I'm working on a post about Halloween crafts to do with kids for TLC's Parentables website. May I have your permission to use one of your photos and link to this post?

I'd appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

4. says

I'm writing a round up style post for TLC's Parentables.com website and would love to share your halloween craft project.

May I have permission to use a photo and link back to your post?

Sincerely,
    Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl

• Anonymous says

I was thinking of using orange glow sticks (instead of white Christmas lights) to make it look like a pumpkin. Hope it works?!

5. Anonymous says

You could also drop glow sticks into them for different colors and not have cords to trip on!

6. says

We are definitely making this for Halloween! I've already called my daughter and asked her to save her milk and juice jugs :) I shared this craft with our group members on CafeMom – Holiday and Party Crafts – with a link back to your blog for the tutorial. Have a 3B Day! Bright! Beautiful! Blessed! ~Yolanda~

7. Anonymous says

If you have some hooks on your porch for hanging baskets, you could string some of these together. They would look cute floating up high.

8. DEBRA says

MY SON & GRANDDAUGHTERS WILL LOVE THIS ONE.. HALLOWEEN IS THERE FAVORITE TIME.. AT LEAST HIS & MIDDLE GRANDDAUGHTER.. HE CAME HOME HALLOWEEN NIGHT WHEN BORN AND SHE WAS BORN DAY BEFORE HIM…KINDRED SPIRITS THEY ARE..

9. Anonymous says

I have been looking for some "cheap" ideas for our Harvest Festival at church..I love this. I bought orange Halloween lights and I'm gonna do pumpkin faces. Thank you and may God bless you

10. says

For everyone asking how to weigh them down… I have come up with an interesting idea. Buy some glow sticks instead of christmas lights… that would be a good way to make pumpkins, ghosts, monsters AND frankensteins. Then, when you put them out, fill them with water and put the glow stick inside too. We always light our jack-o-latern with glow sticks… so this is just another great way to use the extras in the package! Dollar stores usually carry glow sticks, so it would still keep this as a frugal fun craft!