A couple weeks ago we participated in the Project Polka Dot series over at Polka Dot Chair and today we wanted to share it here, in case you missed it…
Polka Dot Clipboard Sign
• piece of wood from the home improvement store (the size of this piece is about 3/4″ x 9″ x 24″)
• foam pouncer
• gold metallic paint
• white paint + brush (i used a foam brush)
• 2 6×9 inch clipboards (found these at michaels)
• wood glue
• if your board is a little rough, sand it down first.
• then give it a coat of the white paint (i added a little bit of water to mine).
• once that is dry, “pounce” on your gold polka dots (i did some measuring to get an idea of where to add the dots).
• after those are dry, you can add wood glue to the back of your clipboards and place them on. before the glue dries, you can move them around as needed to get them in the right spot using a ruler to measure around the three sides. add some weights or canned foods until the glue is completely dry.
Now you can add your favorite photos or notepads to keep track of things around the house.