Hello! Lindsay and Alycia here from Leesh and Lu’s Recipe Box. We were a little unsure as to what to call these scrumptious cookies, so let’s just call them delicious. Oh, and easy. And time saver alert: there are only 3 ingredients in the cookie dough!
- 2 boxed spice cake mixes
- 4 large or extra large eggs
- ⅔ cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- -- For the filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 ⅔ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine both the cake mixes, eggs, and oil with a mixer. The batter will be very stiff. Use your hands or a cookie scoop to form 1 inch balls of cookie dough. Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets and flatten slightly with bottom of a drinking glass or other smooth, flat surface.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Remove immediately from the cookie sheets with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and butter until completely blended. Gradually add in the sugar and mix until the frosting is smooth. Mix in vanilla and a pinch of salt. Spoon frosting into quart-sized freezer zip top bag for quick and easy application of filling.
- Once all the cookies are cooled, match cookies into pairs that are the same size. Squeeze frosting onto one half of each cookie and top with it’s buddy. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container or resealable plastic bags. Makes about 2 dozen oreos.
Here are a few more great recipes you can find on Eighteen25: