Hello wonderful Eighteen25 readers! I can’t believe it’s been five years since I joined in on the fun and excitement of SpooOooOooOooktacular September.
One of my favorite things to do is draw inspiration from beautiful, albeit pricey, home décor magazines. Several months back I was scouring the net for any sign of Halloween sneak peeks. There weren’t many out there, at the time, but I still managed to find something that caught my eye. It was a set of two planters with creepy hands protruding from them. Now, I typically don’t do creepy Halloween, but these were just so darn neat! The only thing that wasn’t neat about them was the 70 dollar price tag. Yowzas! In typical Christina fashion I told myself, “I can do that…and for a fraction of the price.” So, that is precisely what I set out to do. The total cost for this project was a whopping ten dollars—>sold! If you need one of these mutilated arms in your life then grab your glue guns and find a friend to lend you a hand! Pun TOTALLY intended!
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Styrofoam Hand
- Spanish Moss
- Halloween Sign
- Plastic Spiders
- Black Paint
- Flesh Colored Paint
- Glue Gun
- 1. Blare some awesome H-Wizzle tunes to get in the mood!
- 2. Paint your pot.
- 3. Paint your hand, not your actual hand, but your foam hand.
- 4.Give your hand a mani, preferably with black nail polish!
- 5. Glue the bottom of the arm to the bottom of the pot.
- 5. Stuff it with moss.
- 6. Glue the sign and spiders to it.
- 7. Done and Doner.
Here are a few more fun Halloween posts you can find on Eighteen25:
- BOO To You Balloon Ghost
- Trick or Treat Smell My Feet Gift
- Origami Bat Chandelier
- Free Printable Pumpkin Gift Tags