A few months ago, I went to NY and a friend suggested I make a stop at Magnolia Bakery for some of their famous Banana Pudding. Oh my goodness! I am so glad I did. Bananas never tasted so good.
Let me make a quick suggestion before I give you the recipe. If you do go to Magnolia Bakery for the famous Banana Pudding. Make sure to get a large. One of my biggest regrets of the trip. Seriously.
Now that I have their recipe, I can make it any time I am craving it or it’s perfect for taking to a shower or barbecue. Plus, it’s so simple to make. Yay!
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1½ cups ice cold water
- 1 small package Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 5 ripe bananas (sliced)
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- Mix together the Sweetened Condensed Milk and water well.
- Add the pudding mix and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whip cream into the pudding mixture.
- Put down a layer of Nilla Wafers. Then bananas. Then, pudding mixture.
- Repeat twice more.
- Cover again and chill for another 4 hours.
Since this recipe requires so much time in the refrigerator, I suggest making the pudding portion the night before. Don’t be tempted to eat it just yet. Trust me, you will be.
For more delicious recipes, check these out: