Are you loving Disney Week so far? I’ve totally loved all the fun ideas and it’s getting me excited to plan our own Disney trip for the future! I’ve started a little Pinterest board to help me put everything in one place and I’ll admit…it sure is filled up with Disneyland food images!
I couldn’t resist recreating a popular treat found in Pooh’s Corner. These Chocolate Dipped Mickey Rice Krispie Treats are simple to make and will make any Disney Fan happy!
- 7 cups rice crispy cereal
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 3 TBSP butter
- 4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP shortening
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini M&M candies
- 6-8 popsicle sticks
- In a large microwave proof bowl melt the marshmallows and butter together. About 1 minute. Stir to combine.
- Pour in cereal and mix well to combine.
- Lightly spray a 10x10 baking pan and press cereal into the bottom evenly.
- Let it set for 1 hour.
- Turn out cereal onto a cutting matte or solid surface.
- Using a small or medium Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- In a medium microwave proof bowl, melt semi sweet chocolate chips and shorting together for 20 seconds, then stir. Do this until chocolate is melted. About 40-60 seconds total.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dip all sides of the cereal treat into the chocolate making sure to completely cover.
- Gently shake off the excess and place onto the baking tray.
- Let the chocolate set for about 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir. Do this until the chocolate is melted. About 30-40 seconds.
- Pour white chocolate into a small ziplock bag.
- Snip off a small corner and drizzle the white chocolate over the semi sweet chocolate.
- Immediately sprinkle with M&M's and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Gently insert stick into the bottom of the treat!
Here are some other fun summer homemade treats you can enjoy with your family!
- Minnie Hair Clips
- Daisy and Donald Perler Bead Necklaces
- DIY Disney Bank
- Save Money On Your Disney Vacation
[affiliate links included below]
Use Promo Code: Eighteen25 at Get Away Today to receive $10 off any southern California Vacation that includes at least 2 nights hotel stay and 2 tickets.