As a child I remember thinking peppermint was just too “spicy”. I’m reminded of those memories when my 5 year old won’t eat a candy cane because it’s too “spicy’. I don’t remember the moment I discovered that it wasn’t as hot if you paired it with chocolate!
It’s around this time that I love to try to fit peppermint into most of the sweet treats I make. And I especially try to mix in some chocolate when I can!
- 1 chocolate cookie premade crust
- 1 half gallon of peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows
- In a large bowl, mix together softened ice cream and chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust and evenly spread out.
- Top with marshmallows and gently press down into ice cream.
- Freeze for 2 hours before serving.
Will stay up to 4 weeks in the freezer if wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and foil or sealed in an airtight bag.