This place setting comes together in a flash and costs only a few dollars. I love that it sticks to classic black and white and leaves some of the brighter more kiddish colours behind.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own:
- Tiny Apothecary Jars (available in the crafting section of most dollar stores)
- Tiny Bugs (again, available in the Halloween section of dollar stores- I chose spiders and ants)
- Standard printer paper & coffee to weather it
- Brush pen for lettering (my favourite is the Tombow)
- If you’d like to match the rest of the table… black satin napkins, a drop cloth as table cloth and sheer spooky ‘curtains’ from the dollar store halloween section
The instructions are oh, so simple (just the way I like ’em!). Before you start assembling, wipe coffee all over your sheet of white paper and set aside to dry. Place your bugs in the jars- mix it up with spiders and ants and how many you put in each jar.
When your paper is dry, cut it into strips with banners and letter your guests names. Use your fingers to roll the paper to give it some wave before placing them on each plate with a jar o’ bugs! That’s it, that’s all. I added some candles down the table and even though it’s SO simple, I love the spooky vibe it gives. Your friends will never know you pulled it together at the dollar store with only minutes.
Colleen is a wife, Mama to 2 year old twins, and the DIY and lifestyle blogger behind Lemon Thistle where she shares printable art and hands on tutorials for DIY home decor, parties and gifts. Colleen believes you can have a beautiful life, home, and party without spending a lot.
Here are some more Halloween posts you may enjoy from Lemon Thistle.