yarn (I recommend a bulky weight yarn for this)
a piece of wire (or a large paper clip opened up)
spray paint (optional)
1.Wrap yarn around four fingers with fingers spread apart.
2. Keep on wrapping (for a bulky, fluffy pom pom, you are going to want to wrap a whole lot).
3. Push a separate piece of yarn between your two middle fingers and wrap around your bundle.
4. Tie it tight!
5. Cut all those loops open.
6. There’s a big messy pom pom.
7. Give it a little hair cut to even it out.
When your pom pom is all ready, cut yourself a piece of wire about six inches long and grab your round-nose pliers.