I’m always looking for a good reason to buy some cute, chunky little succulents. And with Thanksgiving coming up, I thought they would make a fun and easy hostess gift. Or, a nice way to say thank-you to your child’s teacher.
• small terra cotta pot
• 4 oz succulent (under $2 at home depot)
• white opaque broad-tipped marker (we used recollections brand from michaels)
• felt (these were already cut from a headband activity kit in the thanksgiving section at michaels – but you can easily cut your own)
• wooden skewers – cut in half
• kraft paper – cut into 5 inch strips and folded in half
After doing a google search for some aztec designs, I got right to drawing on the terra cotta pots. (I think I enjoyed doodling on them a little too much.)
I slipped the succulents right into the pot. Added my “feathers” by slipping them in between the terra cotta pot and succulent’s pot. Wrote my note on the kraft paper and glued it onto the skewer with glue dots.
And that’s it. They’re ready to deliver in no time at all!!
Do you have a go-to hostess/teacher gift for Thanksgiving?
this post is sponsored by: