we still have awhile before fall arrives, but i’ve been craving these pumpkin cookies and just couldn’t wait any longer to whip up a batch.
• 1 c. sugar
• 1 c. libby’s pure pumpkin
• 1/2 c. shortening
• 2 c. flour
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (don’t feel bad for using more)
• 1/2 c. nuts (i use walnuts)
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. mix the sugar, pumpkin and shortening together well.
3. stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. mix together with the first three ingredients.
5. stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
6. bake for about 12 minutes.
7. then cool and enjoy!
like any other cookie, these go fast in our house, so we usually double the recipe!
what’s your favorite fall dessert?
. . . . . .
this post is sponsored by: