i hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. i can’t believe we’re already into july. this summer is going by too fast for me.
a couple weeks ago, i took my kids and signed them up for the summer reading program at our library. i wanted a way to keep track of all the books everyone was reading and whether or not they liked them.
so i put together a summer reading log… complete with a very scientific rating system for the first page.
what you’ll need:
- composition notebook
- patterned paper (i used papers from the super cute lime twist collection at my mind’s eye)
- old raggedy ink pad (optional)
- corner rounder (optional)
- download (includes READ letters and rating system) or get a download with a blank rating system here
what you’ll do:
- arrange your papers the way you want them. use the cover to trace where you’ll need to cut.
- trim down the letters, round the top corners and ink all of the edges.
- adhere everything to the front cover.
- adhere the rating system sheet to the inside cover. if you want, cover it with some patterned paper first.
then purchase a sheet of gold star stickers. each time you add a new book to your reading log, add the correct number of stars next to each review.